Friday, January 30, 2009

The Latest - January 30 Update

Registrees:

First of all, thanks for signing up. Over 50 are now registered, short of my target for 100, but supercalifragilistically amazing, given only one week on line. Here's the plan: even though I'm well short of 100, I assume that we'll get there. And so am assuming our first date will be February 22nd. I have several updates since we first went online last Friday.
  • If u want to forward the evite to friends, neighbors etc, just click it open, click on Forward and it will become your email.
  • Here's how the mechanics of my-pov.ca will work: on Feb. 22nd, you will come to the AMC with a cheque. Time TBA. Movie TBA. We will have an envelope for you with ten AMC movie vouchers + a membership card.
  • U will remit the voucher at the AMC box office. Portable vouchers, instead of tickets, mean that will never be out-of-pocket, should you miss one week.
  • One of the attractions of my-pov.ca is that we don't all have to screen the same movie at the same time. You're not be locked into screenings with the my-pov.ca group. You can come to the Sunday movies, but go to a completely different AMC movie. We just all reconvene for debriefing after our respective movies in the Comedy Nest. More on all that later.
  • Or you can attend our designated movie-of-our-week well before, or even after (or not at all). And still attend the Comedy Nest debriefing. With your vouchers, you can also invite friends. I'm also devising ways that you can buy supplemental vouchers. More on that, later,
  • Public response has been very positive. (See attached Westmount Examiner article.) http://www.westmountexaminer.com/article-297388-Weekly-movie-club-starts-up-at-AMC.html/ (this button seems unresponsive & whimsical...)
  • I have been invited to speak to the Rotary Club about my-pov.ca on February 11th. I'll post my text here, when I have it. U will probably see other press as well.
  • I don't know about you, but for me this website/blog is shimmeringly brand new technologically intimidating stuff. So what? After a week, I've come to think of my-pov.ca as a new castle, freshly painted, never occupied. For a week now, I've been fooling round, opening (and closing) doors, unlocking rooms. I'm not going to wreck any chandeliers. And now that you're pov members, please feel free to enjoy the same privileges. You will break nothing. You will destroy nothing. So add comments to my blogs, open your own line of comment in REEL TALK.
  • • At some point, I will find a world class expert, who will provide specific online instruction for all of us on how to navigate the site, but in the meantime, you have the run-of-the-site privileges. Check out the trailers.
  • A question: more than a few (townshippers, church goers, Laurentidians) have said they would join, were it not for the Sunday time. So I'm canvassing opinion on a proposed 2nd screening, Monday evening. This would be as well, not instead of the Sunday brunch event. Would there be enough interest for two separate sessions? I will be floating the idea in a general mailing. If I get enough interest for the Monday screenings, subscribers could use their vouchers for either event.
  • That's it for now. Thanx for your encouragement and help in getting out the word. We're getting there.

peter







No comments:

Post a Comment